Optimize your guild for raids and learn to manage player expectations.
Managing a guild is a full time job. Guilds can be formed for any reason such as for raiding or strictly for PvP (or combinations thereof). There really isn’t a right or wrong way to run a guild, but certain techniques are effective more than others. Your guild is your family. The best guilds have a strong sense of unity and community.Unfortunately, there are no guild leader tutorials in the game. While there are a number of excellent leadership blogs out there, not all of them are applicable to the game. Here are a few select articles that can help offer you the guidance you’re looking for. If you’re a fellow GM, an officer or even just a raider, these posts can help offer some insight into the day to day life of guild management.
- Encouraging Raiders to Sign Up and Why
- Setting Your Raid Schedule
- The Matticus Guild Philosophy
- 3 Approaches to Guild Progression
- The Ill-fated Group 2
- The No Asshole Rule: Constructing a Civilized Guild
- 4 Questions to Answer on the Respec Policy
- 10+3 Personalities Every Guild Leader Needs Around
- Now Hiring: How to Recruit Players to Your Guild
- Leaving the Guild the Right Way
- The Care and Keeping of Recruits
- How to Advance from an AotC Player to a CE Player
- When is a Good Time to Change Mains?
- Stop Saying Sorry!
GMs and Raid Leaders
- Lessons in Relationships: Between the Raid Leader and the Raid
- 11 Reasons Guildmasters Fail
- Raid Leading 101: Placement and Direction
- Us vs Them: What Can I do when Guild Members Disagree?
- Traits of Effective Healing Officers
- How to be an Effective 21st Raider
- Structuring Your Casual Raiding Guild
- Guild Bureaucracy: 7 Ways to Cut the Crap
- How to Advance from an AotC Guild to a CE Guild
- 8 Great Rules to Follow for Forming Your Pickup Raid
- 7 Pointers for a Stress Free Raid
- How do I Break into Raiding?
- 6 Signs of Raiding Burnout
- Managing Loot Council in Dragonflight and Beyond
- Stare Decisis in Loot Council
- 6 Influential Factors in Loot Council Decisions